Funding & Finance
HOW THE TOWN COUNCIL IS FUNDED
Unlike the District and County Councils – the Town Council does not receive any revenue support from central Government – nor from local businesses or retailers via their payment of non-domestic rate. Each year, the Town Council calculates the money it needs to raise to provide its services. Then we deduct the income which we expect to receive from fees and charges such as: hire of sports facilities; lettings of the various halls; burials and other services – to leave the amount we expect to spend on delivery and any capital projects which are planned for the year ahead.
This sum is called the PRECEPT – this is the amount we levy on the District Council which is then collected as a proportion of the Council Tax paid by Amersham households.
Quarterly Finance Reports
- 2016 Annual Return.pdf
- 2016 Annual Return (PDF, 1794kb).pdf
- 2015 Annual Return (PDF, 1743kb).pdf
- 2014 Annual Return (PDF, 1840kb).pdf
- 2013 Annual Return & Notice of Conclusion of Audit (PDF, 2047kb).pdf
- 2012 Annual Return & Notice of Conclusion of Audit (PDF, 1137kb).pdf
- 2011 Annual Return & Notice of Conclusion of Audit (PDF, 1073kb).pdf
- 2010 Annual Return & Notice of Conclusion of Audit (PDF, 532kb).pdf
Forthcoming MeetingsCouncil and Committee Meetings commence at 19.30 hrs in the Council Chamber, Amersham Town Council, Flint Barn Court, Old Amersham, Bucks HP7 0DB, unless otherwise stated in the Notice of Meeting.
Finance & General Purposes Committee Meetings
|17 February 2020||Finance & General Purposes|
|20 April 2020||Finance & General Purposes|